Sunday 17 August 2014

Designing Mehndi

It has been quite sometime I gave attention to this blog as I had my exams and so much of assignments. So now I am gonna post about my another hobby and that is designing Mehndi.
Mehndi is one thing I would never get tired of! At the age of 10-11 I started practising designs from the books I see, then upgraded to Internet. Now I can make fairly decent designs.
When somebody said "Practice makes a man perfect", surely they must have had the art of Mehndi in mind! I still remember those days when my mom and myself would try to squiggle out some random designs out of the store-bought cones.
I had put Mehndi last weekend on my mom's hand and I took step-by-step pictures of how it turned out.
So here are the steps : 
Sorry about the poor quality, I had to take it at quick succession and they are clicked by mobile! :(
As and when the Mehndi dries up, use a dash of lemon juice mixed with sugar to wet them again. You can leave this on for about 2 to 4 hours, depending on your patience. When you are removing it, use the back of a spoon to scrap the dried Mehndi off. Do not wash with water; instead apply a little coconut oil and leave it on for an hour for better results.
This is how the colour turned out to be!
Hope you all enjoyed these!! See you soon with another interesting post! :)
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment