Monday 18 August 2014

Happiness Is HANDMADE..!!!

CROSS-STITCH

 Cross-stitch is a popular form of counted-thread embroidery in which X-shaped stitches in a tiledraster-like pattern are used to form a picture.It is one of my best hobby.The stitcher counts the threads in each direction so that the stitches are of uniform size and appearance. This form of cross-stitch is also called counted cross-stitch in order to distinguish it from other forms of cross-stitch. Sometimes cross-stitch is done on designs printed on the fabric which is called stamped cross-stitch as the stitcher simply stitches over the printed pattern. I came to know about this interesting thing when I was 11 years old. When I have nothing to do, I start stitching. So if you have not done this yet I suggest you must try it. You will not only learn something new but also will have fun doing it.

  This is how it is done :


      


 
You can have a look on this design:  
Its not made by me, its just to show you how it looks like when it is done but I have started with another design after a long time so I guess it will take time but I will post it for sure in my next post..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment